What to say, what to say....
My life has undergone some substantial changes. Let's see if I can catch you up in one blog post. Let's start with some of the more interesting things...
1. I changed my dietary habits tremendously. I went vegan for 30 days in an attempt to lose weight originally. In doing that I found so much clarity and information about the things that we put into our bodies daily. I have not gone back to eating meat. I have decided that I will remain vegan Monday through Friday and I will allow myself milk/egg products on the weekend. I may or may not eat seafood very seldom. I am still far from my dietary/weight loss goals. I wish to become a mainly raw vegan but that will definitely take a lot more dedication and resolve than I currently have. But my NutriBullet RX will most definitely help with that.
2. I've been doing a lot of researching and changing habits. Switching out things like deodorant, toothpaste, and cleaning products to be more friendly to my body and the environment. In switching my deodorant it was challenging going through a detox. Having a little smell to my armpits was not something I could get used to, lol! But now that my body has detoxed the chemical deodorant, my natural deodorant is working just fine.
3. I have begun mediating and letting go of some bad habits. I have also spent a lot of time researching things that will allow me to be conscious of what is going on and detoxing my mind and spirit.
4. I have been on hiatus from my vintage shop and I haven't done makeup in forever. But I am planning on renewing my esthetics license, learning Reiki, and maybe also learning more information to become a wellness inspiration. My Vintage Shop will have new items by the end of this month.
5. I having really been contemplating starting a music blog. Music is such a HUGE part of who I am. Music is the art I hang in my environment. The way I decorate my time. I had to be realistic with myself though and there is no way I can have a style blog, music blog, run a vintage shop, work full-time and etc...so this blog will become more of a lifestyle blog. There will be some tweaks and changes coming soon.
6. I got rid of about half my wardrobe. I also got rid of over 30 pairs of shoes. I still want to rid myself of more. I have moved 3 times since 2013. I became weary of having to move so many things. In addition to my Vintage clothing for sale, I had tons of personal items. Many of which I hadn't even worn in years or no longer fit my aesthetic. While getting rid of these items I felt so much lighter! So I did the same for my jewelry, purses, belts etc. I have more staple items and enjoy shopping still but try to do so more responsibly. When buying an item I am thinking how much wear that item would get and making sure it is either A) something that goes with almost everything I own or B) something I adore! Now don't get me twisted I still LOVE shopping and may browse regularly but I'll always make room and buy wise. I still melt for Fashion.
7. I'm exploring minimalism. A form of minimalism that's true to me. I realize how much we consume. Not only do I want to be more responsible, but I've found it feels good to pack light. For example, I love technology but there's no way I need an iPhone, iWatch, MacBook, Desktop, iPad etc. Now there are things I need in order to get my business done but there's a line between things I'll need to be efficient or having things just for the sake of having them. I donated about 85% of my books and kept the ones I can use as resources and for knowledge. I also downloaded quite a few into my iBooks and Kindle.
8. Lastly, I've become more accepting of me. That means more accepting of my thoughts, and feelings. More gentle with myself. This allows me to feel comfortable around others although I'm grateful for solitude. It allows me to cry and randomly feel overwhelmed with gratitude without judging myself for being too emotional. It allows me to feel beautiful even though my weight yo-yos. And it allows people to see the light in me that's always been there but is now shining more brightly.
Outfit: Thrifted // Sneaks: Converse // Sunnies: Fancy Kouture Accessories
Was that a good catch up talk? I hope you'll enjoy the levels and changes this blog will encompass. It will no longer just be about style as I hope to involve and evolve these writings with me.